If your need is urgent, please do one of the following:
- Call 911
- Call the MECA Student Life Emergency Phone: 207.228.3474
- Call 207.774.HELP (207.774.4357) for 24-hour crisis support
- Visit your local emergency department. The two closest to MECA are:
- Mercy Hospital, 144 State Street, at the corner of State and Spring Streets, 207.879.3265
- Maine Medical Center Emergency Department, 662 Bramhall Street, 207.622.0111
Accidents, Crime, Suspicious Behavior
Please report accidents, criminal or suspicious behavior as soon as possible to one of the following:
- Police or Emergency Services: 911
- Portland Police Non-Emergency Services: 207.874.8575
- MECA Student Life Emergency Phone: 207.228.3474
Please fill out a Universal Incident Report Form for accidents, crime, or suspicious behavior in or around a campus building.
To report a non-emergency concern (attendance issues, failing grades, time management issues, lack of study skills, lack of direction/motivation, financial difficulty, drug abuse, or other personal problems) about a student, please fill out a MECA Alert. This information helps us provide support and early intervention to a student who is experiencing difficulties.
Injured or sick?
Here is a list of hospitals and urgent care near campus. If you need a taxi voucher to get to the hospital or urgent care, go to the Student Life Office or call 207.228.3474 for assistance.
Hotlines, Emergencies, and Help
- Maine HIV/STD Hotline: 800.851.2437
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800.273.TALK
- Opportunity Alliance Crisis Services: 207.774.HELP (4357), located nearby at 50 Monument Square
- Poison Control Center: 800.222.1222
- Southern Maine Sexual Assault Response Info and Hotline: 800.313.9900